The Association of Residential Letting Agents is the UK's foremost professional body for letting agents. Our members are professionals working at all levels of letting agency, from business owners to office employees.
Every year tenants and landlords lose thousands of pounds and suffer distress through dealing with agents who are inexperienced and do not deal with client money in a professional manner.
ARLA Licensed letting agents hold your money in a designated client account and accounts are independently inspected annually. You will receive a professional service from an ARLA Licensed agent but if things go wrong neither tenants nor landlords will be left out of pocket. Subject to CMP scheme limits and criteria.
WHAT MAKES ARLA LICENSED MEMBERS DIFFERENT?
- Experienced and trained professionals
- Understand and comply with complex legislative changes and best practice
- Backed up by NFoPP Client Money Protection Scheme (CMP)
- Accounts are independently inspected annually and accountants’ reports submitted to ARLA
- ARLA agents have Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Attend regular training to keep skills and experience up-to-date
- Comply with the professional standards of the nationally recognised professional body for letting agents
CONDUCT AND MEMBERSHIP RULES
All ARLA members agree to comply with the professional standards outlined within the NFoPP Conduct and Membership Rules, demonstrating their dedication and commitment to higher standards within residential lettings.
If you have a complaint against one of our members, NFoPP Regulation can investigate this matter for you. They have the power to take action against any member they feel have breached their rules. Visit the NFoPP Regulation website for more information
Peter Savage MARLA, MNAEA
Peter is dedicated to further developing ARLA’s importance to the consumer and encouraging young people to view our industry as an exciting and rewarding career option. He has been actively involved with ARLA having first started as an ARLA regional representative for the City Docklands and Stratford area.
David became the Managing Director of ARLA in June 2014. He has a strong policy and stakeholder engagement background, having held previous senior policy roles at the National Landlords Association (NLA) and the International Union of Property Owners (UIPI).