A one-day course that focuses on everyday basic letting
knowledge based on questions frequently asked of the ARLA
Compliance Team and the Lettings Hot line.
Who is this course for?
Aimed at everyone, whatever your level or experience is. You ask
the questions you have always wanted to ask! Great for a refresher
or just to reassure yourself!
- Why the S21 in periodic can cause problems
- Seeking possession for breach
- Timings for serving the notice
- Tenancy Agreement:
- Why the forfeiture clause is needed
- Why the landlord's address is needed
- What must a landlord be advised of regarding tenancies of less
than 6 months or if an option to renew was requested
- When to use a Non Housing Act tenancy
- Deposits: Holding deposits - What are
- Passing the deposit to the landlord
- Localism Act 2011.
- Access/ Changing Locks:
- Tenant refusing access for gas safety records
- Changing locks if abandoned
- Does furniture brought in the EU comply?
- What is the situation with electrical safety requirements?
- General: what happens to the tenancy if the
tenant, landlord or guarantor dies?
- What action is needed for a non-licensed HMO?
- Cancelling terms of business
- What advice can be given to the tenant if the landlord is in
- Legionella Bacteria - what should be done?
- What happens if there is asbestos in a property?
- Requirements for gas flue inspection.
- Plus: Your Questions Answered
Times: 9:15am- 4:30pm
Member Rate: £155+VAT
Price includes lunch and refreshments. To book this course,
please download and complete the short courses booking form and return
with full and correct payment to the short courses department.
Dates and Locations
|Tuesday 13 November
|Wednesday 23 January
|Wednesday 10 July
|Tuesday 15 October
This course is also available in house for companies with 5 or
more delegates to train for more information on this please contact
the courses department on 0845 250 6007 or email email@example.com
To register your interest in alternative dates and locations for
this course please email firstname.lastname@example.org.