The Leadership and Management Standard
Are you an operational Branch Manager, aspiring Team Leader and/or Business Owner responsible for getting results and building a better business through lead generation, lead conversion and customer fulfilment?
The Leadership and Management Standard has been specifically written by industry professionals for industry professionals. The course is spread over 3 non-consecutive days to enable you to put your learning into practice back in branch and will focus on the processes and systems together with the people skills to take you and the business from good to great.
The training will involve power point presentations, group discussions and interaction with skills practices backed up by email and telephone support from the tutor as appropriate.
We are proud to say that our Leadership and Management Standard has been recognized as a Developmental Award by the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM), the UK’s largest awarding body for leadership and management qualifications. You must attend all six modules; submit a written review for each one and contribute to two short verbal presentations in order to be awarded the Leadership and Management Standard. Following successful completion you will be entitled to a 6 month studying membership with the ILM, giving you access to a wide range of resources and services to support your on-going learning and development.
Delegates will have to attend one course from each of the three days listed below in order to complete the Leadership and Management Standard.
The Leadership and Management Standard Day 1
The Leadership and Management Standard Day 2
The Leadership and Management Standard Day 3
- Advanced Personal Communication - With the emphasis on behavioural styles, relationship awareness and neuro linguistic programming, this module will equip delegates with the skills and knowledge to be able to recognise the behavioural styles of others, as well as their own. It will help delegates to realise the importance of flexing their own personal style, to act wisely in inter-personal situations in order to get the best out of other people.
- Performance Management - This module will equip delegates with the skills and knowledge to enable them to select the right people for the roles, set expectations, motivate and develop their staff. It will give delegates an understanding of the importance of the use of SMART objectives and a robust review process.
- Building Your High Performing Team - Everyone wants to be part of a high performing team! This module will equip delegates with the skills and knowledge to recognise the characteristics of a high performing team, how to apply the Tuckman Model of Team Formation and will explore the concept and importance of knowing their own and their team's preferred roles.
- Leadership & Management - Successful leadership and management has never been a greater challenge. This module will equip delegates with the skills and knowledge to recognise the differences between leadership and management and to realise how their leadership style can influence the productivity and morale of an individual and their team.
- Coaching & Delegation - By exploring various coaching models and the importance of a structured coaching conversation, this module will equip delegates with the skills and knowledge to understand the importance of coaching and ultimately delegation in order to unlock a persons potential to maximise their own performance.
- The Fundamentals of Success - This final session will inspire delegates with the skills to be able to balance their own work and home life and to recognise ways in which they can be more effective and efficient, with emphasis on good time management and being able to work smarter, not harder!
"Any agent who is considering whether to take this course – I would say go for it! Not only did I enjoy it immensely but I have learnt so much. The course is well set out, three non-consecutive days are perfect for not feeling overloaded with information. It allows you to go away and digest the information and put it into practice before the next day of training.
Gayle Partridge was brilliant. She was so enthusiastic and because she has worked in the industry I felt she understood entirely the problems agents face daily. Gayle also sent us email almost daily containing inspirational and motivational material which was very helpful. Training and development is the way forward. As Gayle said to us ‘If you do what you always did, you get what you always got’."
If the date you would like is fully booked and you would like to be placed onto the waiting list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, contact details and how many places you would like; if a place becomes available we will then contact you. Alternatively if we have sufficient interest we will try and arrange an additional date for the course to run.
This course is also available in-house. For more information on this please contact the Courses department on 01926 417 787 or email email@example.com
Alternative dates or locations
To register your interest in alternative dates and locations for this course please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
CPD: 21 hours
Face to Face
Meet Your Trainer
Gayle is an award-winning trainer and qualified teaching professional with an enviable reputation having worked with and for a number of the top UK agents.
As a former top British tennis player and elite performance coach Gayle knows what it means to be the best and now brings her sporting pedigree into the business arena.
Having a delivery that is bold, punchy and outcome focused Gayle will focus on the 5P’s by challenging you and making you accountable for providing creative solutions to encourage results through your people, your processes and your proposition and she will help you to build a plan to maximize your profits.
Advanced Leadership and Management Standard
CPD: 7 hours